Open Registry of Game Information 

• News and information about other online game databases

• Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
    No special authorization needed to post here!
Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
No special authorization needed to post here!

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#38348  by hydr0x
 26 May 2016, 08:01
Overengineering? That's the simplified model you're looking at ;) There are actually 6 more blue levels not shown in that diagram :shock: :? 8) :mrgreen:

I can't share the actual model, but I'm of course happy to answer questions, up to a certain degree ;)
 #38350  by MZ per X
 29 May 2016, 20:52
hydr0x wrote:Overengineering? That's the simplified model you're looking at ;) There are actually 6 more blue levels not shown in that diagram :shock: :? 8) :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's what I meant. Do you think you can handle that complexity later on? I mean, creating a complex data model is one thing, filling it with actual data is another.
 #38351  by hydr0x
 30 May 2016, 21:24
MZ per X wrote:Do you think you can handle that complexity later on? I mean, creating a complex data model is one thing, filling it with actual data is another.
Sure, that's valid concern, but I'm sure we can handle that. The games we already have in the database are properly converted to this format and the code to handle the new model is already in place. The extra complexity luckily doesn't make the contribution system much more complicated, if that's what you mean. Most of those more exotic levels are of course only needed for a small percentage of games, so it's usually not necessary to even think about them when entering data. It's just that in those case where it's needed, it's there. Imho it makes no sense to ignore known cases on purpose just to keep the model simpler.