Open Registry of Game Information 

• Next blog entry?

• Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
    No special authorization needed to post here!
Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
No special authorization needed to post here!

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#38136  by MZ per X
 04 Sep 2014, 20:45
I don't really have an idea. I could write something about another part of our data model, but which one?

Or should we do a short post about Jira and the issues there?
 #38137  by gene
 10 Sep 2014, 15:24
I could write a blog post about software that we can use for free because we are an open source project:
  • Jira
  • Confluence
  • Webstorm
  • IntelliJ IDEA
 #38165  by gene
 11 Nov 2014, 19:10
Another blog post idea:

During the last weeks I withstood the temptation of throwing away most part of our system architecture.

I read a lot about progressive enhancement, Roca-style and similar things which say (in short terms): Make your website viewable with primitive browser technologies, because this has certain advantages. Don't do the "without JavaScript nothing will work"-thing.

While I cannot deny that this way would certainly have some advantages, (I think that) I like our planned system architecture more. This could be reflected in a special blog post.
 #38168  by MZ per X
 21 Nov 2014, 10:55
Sorry, forgot to answer in the first place. :) I would like very much to read your thoughts on this issue.
 #38174  by gene
 04 Dec 2014, 17:12
gene wrote:I could write a blog post about software that we can use for free because we are an open source project:
  • Jira
  • Confluence
  • Webstorm
  • IntelliJ IDEA
I'm working on this!
 #38175  by gene
 08 Dec 2014, 00:10
gene wrote:
gene wrote:I could write a blog post about software that we can use for free because we are an open source project:
  • Jira
  • Confluence
  • Webstorm
  • IntelliJ IDEA
I'm working on this!
I finished the english version of this blog post.
Please read it and provide feedback! I want to publish this post (including a German version) during the next two weeks.
 #38176  by MZ per X
 08 Dec 2014, 13:47
I like! :D

The open source movement seems to really be a cool thing to be involved in. I especially like your closing remark that some day we will give back. :)

As review went, I directly fixed some typos, added some additional links, and IMHO improved the wording in some places. I did the edits per paragraph, so please just revert if you don't like my changes.
 #38177  by gene
 08 Dec 2014, 21:18
Great, thanks for the optimizations :D !
I think I will try to write a German version as soon as possible. And then: get it online! 8)
 #38178  by gene
 14 Dec 2014, 09:05
gene wrote:Great, thanks for the optimizations :D !
I think I will try to write a German version as soon as possible. And then: get it online! 8)
I finished a German version. Please read it ang gove me some feedback! :D
 #38179  by MZ per X
 15 Dec 2014, 22:38
Done, did my usual mix of changes along the way. I would suggest a re-spin of the IntelliJ paragraph, it somehow doesn't read well, yet. :)
 #38184  by gene
 26 Dec 2014, 21:51
MZ per X wrote:Done, did my usual mix of changes along the way. I would suggest a re-spin of the IntelliJ paragraph, it somehow doesn't read well, yet. :)
Thanks for the feedback, I "fixed" that paragraph.

The blog post will go online in December, 27th (tomorrow) at 7 am.

English version:
http://oregami-en.blogspot.com/2014/12/ ... egami.html

German version:
http://oregami-de.blogspot.com/2014/12/ ... egami.html