Open Registry of Game Information 

• Descriptions

• Talk about specific features of our upcoming online game database.
Talk about specific features of our upcoming online game database.

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37150  by Ultyzarus
 09 Oct 2013, 17:30
We have already discussed that only a short description will be mandatory for a new G entry, and that a longer description can be added. I honestly wouldn't know how to effectively use the short descrition, because things such as "Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014" doesn't include any information that wouldn't already be there, be it in the genre or the R information.

Anyway, what I actually want to suggest is this model in which D will stand for description:
GD: Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014. The gameplay consist of traveling around the world to gather all the games from the Divine Collection. Each of theses game allow the Player character to use special abilities to defeat foes and solve puzzle. The Divine Games' data is stored in the Oregami, a magical database device. Each game has its own genre and difficulty, and only by mastering easier games withing a genre can the player gain access to the more challenging one.
RGD:
Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014. The gameplay consist of traveling around the world to gather all the games from the Divine Collection. Each of theses game allow the Player character to use special abilities to defeat foes and solve puzzle. The Divine Games' data is stored in the Oregami, a magical database device. Each game has its own genre and difficulty, and only by mastering easier games withing a genre can the player gain access to the more challenging one.
The PlayStation version is a direct port of the original PC version, and comes both as physical and digital media releases.
RD:
Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014. The gameplay consist of traveling around the world to gather all the games from the Divine Collection. Each of theses game allow the Player character to use special abilities to defeat foes and solve puzzle. The Divine Games' data is stored in the Oregami, a magical database device. Each game has its own genre and difficulty, and only by mastering easier games withing a genre can the player gain access to the more challenging one.
The PlayStation version is a direct port of the original PC version, and comes both as physical and digital media releases.
Oregami: Behold the features! Paper-God Edition is a collector's edition of Oregami: Behold the features! released only in Germany. It includes an artbook with concepts from the game's Game Worlds and Creatures.

GD must then apply to all RGs and RGD must apply to all Rs in the RG.
 #37152  by MZ per X
 09 Oct 2013, 19:17
Ultyzarus wrote:We have already discussed that only a short description will be mandatory for a new G entry, and that a longer description can be added. I honestly wouldn't know how to effectively use the short descrition, because things such as "Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014" doesn't include any information that wouldn't already be there, be it in the genre or the R information.
This is exactly the reason why we dropped the tag-line meanwhile. :) Sorry for not informing the English part of the forum.
Ultyzarus wrote:Anyway, what I actually want to suggest is this model in which D will stand for description:
Precisely this, thanks. Love your examples, by the way! :D
 #37153  by Ultyzarus
 09 Oct 2013, 19:28
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:We have already discussed that only a short description will be mandatory for a new G entry, and that a longer description can be added. I honestly wouldn't know how to effectively use the short descrition, because things such as "Oregami: Behold the features! is a simulation RPG developed by Oregami Corp. in 2014" doesn't include any information that wouldn't already be there, be it in the genre or the R information.
This is exactly the reason why we dropped the tag-line meanwhile. :) Sorry for not informing the English part of the forum.
Ah, good, so we won't have the same description types as in gamefaqs :P
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:Anyway, what I actually want to suggest is this model in which D will stand for description:
Precisely this, thanks. Love your examples, by the way! :D
It was kinda more inspiring to make-up a game than to redescribe one that has been described on many different sites. Also, I might be a little feverish XD

Who wants to program? This game would sell like crazy, and could be funded on kickstarter! :P
Last edited by MZ per X on 09 Oct 2013, 20:45, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fixed quoting.
 #37157  by MZ per X
 09 Oct 2013, 19:40
Ultyzarus wrote:Who wants to program?
gene already jumped on it, I guess. ;)
Ultyzarus wrote:This game would sell like crazy, and could be funded on kickstarter! :P
Oh no, just read the Kickstarter thread on digitpress.com about the funding of archive.vg. Bad example.
 #37173  by Ultyzarus
 11 Oct 2013, 15:04
I realized that this would be a problem for games like Dokidoki Panic / Mario bros. 2. They might have the same gameplay, but the story, although similar, has been changed for the Western audience. This would make it hard for the GD to include both versions, unless we skip the storyline...

See MG's Descriptions:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/super-mario-bros-2
http://www.mobygames.com/game/yume-kj-dokidoki-panic
 #37180  by MZ per X
 13 Oct 2013, 03:04
Ultyzarus wrote:I realized that this would be a problem for games like Dokidoki Panic / Mario bros. 2. They might have the same gameplay, but the story, although similar, has been changed for the Western audience. This would make it hard for the GD to include both versions, unless we skip the storyline...
Yes, for special cases like this we'd need to adjust the descriptions accordingly. Which reminds me that we need to work on that different game criteria...