Open Registry of Game Information 

• Developer's diary

• All things about Java, JavaScript, HTML, Git, whatever is useful for developers.
All things about Java, JavaScript, HTML, Git, whatever is useful for developers.

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37905  by Ultyzarus
 29 Jan 2014, 22:34
I tried updating one. It changes in the description field, but not in the drop-down list.

"Le secret de l'Île aux Singes"
Titles in French don't use all caps. However, since Monkey Island is a place, it stays capitalized! ;)
By the way, I haven't seen that title actually used anywhere...
 #37906  by gene
 29 Jan 2014, 22:38
You have to press the "Update" button to save your changes.
Then the drop down box content should reload.

And yes: it's not yet used anywhere. Step by step! :D
 #37907  by Ultyzarus
 29 Jan 2014, 22:57
gene wrote:You have to press the "Update" button to save your changes.
Then the drop down box content should reload.

And yes: it's not yet used anywhere. Step by step! :D
I did click the button (at least I think I did :P)

I meant that I haven't actually seen it on a cover or screenshot XD
 #37946  by gene
 25 Feb 2014, 00:04
I did not post here for some days, but of course this does not mean that I am inactive at developing :D

During the last weeks I did some research for REST authentication. Quiet complex.

And I managed to create website screenshots programatically, so that one can enter an URL, click a button and the website is saved as a screenshot (on the server). We will use this to document sources of game supports! And it's all REST conform, yeah.

Take a look at this preview:

I will try to commit the code during the next days, so that you can try this out! 8)
 #37948  by Ultyzarus
 25 Feb 2014, 17:49
gene wrote:I did not post here for some days, but of course this does not mean that I am inactive at developing :D

During the last weeks I did some research for REST authentication. Quiet complex.

And I managed to create website screenshots programatically, so that one can enter an URL, click a button and the website is saved as a screenshot (on the server). We will use this to document sources of game supports! And it's all REST conform, yeah.

Take a look at this preview:

I will try to commit the code during the next days, so that you can try this out! 8)
Oh wow! That's great Gene. And here I was thinking of manually taking screenshots of all my sources XD
 #37949  by gene
 25 Feb 2014, 18:22
Ultyzarus wrote:Oh wow! That's great Gene. And here I was thinking of manually taking screenshots of all my sources XD
No way :mrgreen:
Sidasa wrote:Nice feature!
What technic do u use for the screencapturing?
I am using the PhantomJS Command Line Interface together with the rasterize.js Script for Screen Capture. It's really great!
 #37951  by gene
 25 Feb 2014, 20:19
Ultyzarus wrote:It captures the full page, right?
It's customizable.
It can capture at a given (fixed) resolution (e.g. 1280*1200) or it can capture the full page (which may have the height of "multiple screens" where one would have to scroll down).

Edit: It works with the Mobygames Maniac Mansion Screenshot site :D
 #37952  by MZ per X
 25 Feb 2014, 21:58
gene wrote:Edit: It works with the Mobygames Maniac Mansion Screenshot site :D
This is so cool! :)

And so, so important for our sourcing efforts. I like!
 #37954  by Ultyzarus
 25 Feb 2014, 22:24
Speaking of sourcing...
There should be a way for the site to recognize when an already recorder source is being used, for instance if a press release announce several games, the release info for all the games will have the same source, and it'd be a waste to have duplicates...
 #37955  by gene
 25 Feb 2014, 22:56
Ultyzarus wrote:There should be a way for the site to recognize when an already recorder source is being used, for instance if a press release announce several games, the release info for all the games will have the same source, and it'd be a waste to have duplicates...
This should't be a problem.

Btw, I don't want to use Mobygames as a source for valid game data. It's just a gaming website that we alle know and that gives good examples for "Screnshots" :D
 #37956  by Ultyzarus
 25 Feb 2014, 22:57
gene wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:There should be a way for the site to recognize when an already recorder source is being used, for instance if a press release announce several games, the release info for all the games will have the same source, and it'd be a waste to have duplicates...
This should't be a problem.

Btw, I don't want to use Mobygames as a source for valid game data. It's just a gaming website that we alle know and that gives good examples for "Screnshots" :D
Obviously!
What is useful with MG, or other gaming sites, is that their release info can give us a clue of where (or rather when) to look ;)