Open Registry of Game Information 

• Final Fantasy series

• games, games, games
games, games, games

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37710  by MZ per X
 05 Dec 2013, 22:56
Ultyzarus wrote:I have finished adding all the DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2. (All the N-A and Japan PS3 Rs, and the N-A X360 Rs)
http://wiki.oregami.org/display/OR/Final+Fantasy+XIII-2
Cool stuff, thanks1 :)
Ultyzarus wrote:This includes "Chocobo World" that was originally on Pocket Station, but linked to FFVIII. Would the newer version be a new G (Compilation), RG (I put it there for now), or just a new R under the Windows RG?
Wow, I never heard of Pocket Station before. Should this be its own platform, despite it obviously needs to be fed through the PlayStation?

I think we should model the original release first, before we do the re-release. Let's do it step by step:

1) Chocobo World should get its own G entry, I think, since it can be played stand-alone.

2) That would mean that every R of FF VIII would technically be a compilation of case b) 2., I think. Or do we need a new compilation case for this? Not sure.

3) The new HD release of FF VIII seems to cause a new RG for this game, I think.

4) We need to check, whether the gameplay or graphics of Chocobo World have been improved, too. If so, it should also get a new RG.

Does that make any sense? :)
 #37713  by Ultyzarus
 06 Dec 2013, 00:13
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:I have finished adding all the DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2. (All the N-A and Japan PS3 Rs, and the N-A X360 Rs)
http://wiki.oregami.org/display/OR/Final+Fantasy+XIII-2
Cool stuff, thanks1 :)
Ultyzarus wrote:This includes "Chocobo World" that was originally on Pocket Station, but linked to FFVIII. Would the newer version be a new G (Compilation), RG (I put it there for now), or just a new R under the Windows RG?
Wow, I never heard of Pocket Station before. Should this be its own platform, despite it obviously needs to be fed through the PlayStation?

I think we should model the original release first, before we do the re-release. Let's do it step by step:

1) Chocobo World should get its own G entry, I think, since it can be played stand-alone.

2) That would mean that every R of FF VIII would technically be a compilation of case b) 2., I think. Or do we need a new compilation case for this? Not sure.

3) The new HD release of FF VIII seems to cause a new RG for this game, I think.

4) We need to check, whether the gameplay or graphics of Chocobo World have been improved, too. If so, it should also get a new RG.

Does that make any sense? :)
The PocketStation should indeed have its own platform (I'll have to research a bit more on this since it was never available in North-America), and there is now an official app for PSVita that emulates it.
As far as I know of, Chocobo World is its own game, but linking it to FFVIII allows some stuff, such as the Chickobo summon. Not sure is FFVIII is the source for the game or not. I'll get back on this.

EDIT:

"Chocobo World is a Pocket Station game compatible with Final Fantasy VIII. The player controls Boko the Chicobo, who embarks on a quest to find MiniMog, and is assisted by Moomba and Cactuar.

As Pocket Stations were never released outside of Japan, international PlayStation owners could not play this game, but its connection to the main game was still programmed into every localization of Final Fantasy VIII, so it is possible to play the game by buying a Pocket Station from Japan. Chocobo World was ported and included in the PC version of Final Fantasy VIII, including the 2013 re-release, where Chocobo World is playable directly from the launcher after booting up Final Fantasy VIII. "

(http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobo_World)

This makes every FFVIII release a compilation that includes Chocobo World. Most PocketStation games are downloaded form PS1 discs, but there seems to be standalone PocketStation games as well.
 #37715  by MZ per X
 06 Dec 2013, 19:16
Ultyzarus wrote:The PocketStation should indeed have its own platform...
Yes, it should. There's even emulators for it, and you can download ROMs... :) On MobyGames, it's a tech-spec for the PlayStation, though, which is correct, but it's missing an own platform entry.
Ultyzarus wrote:This makes every FFVIII release a compilation that includes Chocobo World. Most PocketStation games are downloaded form PS1 discs, but there seems to be standalone PocketStation games as well.
Okay, then I was right with my suggestions above. Still not sure about the compilation case, as Chocobo World ins't fully included within FFVIII, but interacts with it. But that's not the most important thing to solve right now.
 #37805  by Trypticon
 26 Dec 2013, 21:37
The listed phone (Android, IOS, Windows Phone) releases aren't really worldwide releases or are they? This also seems to be an assumption with a lot of these at Moby. I find this questionable because of country restrictions at Google Play and such.
 #37810  by MZ per X
 01 Jan 2014, 18:31
Trypticon wrote:The listed phone (Android, IOS, Windows Phone) releases aren't really worldwide releases or are they? This also seems to be an assumption with a lot of these at Moby. I find this questionable because of country restrictions at Google Play and such.
Yeah, at MobyGames everything that can be downloaded goes by worldwide, IIRC. That's mainly because such things as download restrictions per country are extremely hard to track.
 #37816  by Ultyzarus
 03 Jan 2014, 20:44
I consider that 'Worldwide' means that it is valid everywhere with maybe hard to track exceptions. I do have a trouble with that as well. Been adding some DLCs on MG, and most European PSN releases are the same in all Europe, but when submitting info I HAVE to select countries, so I have to check all the different local website to make sure it is actually the same. For now I tracked the US/CAN(French and English), Japanese, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Finnish versions of the site... Hpefully Oregami's model will make this easier by either have a 'Europe' region, or making it easy to just add one more Country to the R when a source is provided...
 #37818  by hsssh
 04 Jan 2014, 12:58
MZ per X wrote:
Trypticon wrote:The listed phone (Android, IOS, Windows Phone) releases aren't really worldwide releases or are they? This also seems to be an assumption with a lot of these at Moby. I find this questionable because of country restrictions at Google Play and such.
Yeah, at MobyGames everything that can be downloaded goes by worldwide, IIRC. That's mainly because such things as download restrictions per country are extremely hard to track.
Hard to track shouldn't be an excuse for misleading information. Bigger phone games usually have an announcement when they are released for different regions.
 #37888  by gene
 23 Jan 2014, 23:07
Ultyzarus wrote:The last DLC for FFXIII-2 has finally been approved in MG (with all the compilations too):
http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q ... 3A&x=0&y=0

This was a lot of work, but with the info I had on the wiki here, it was a bit easier. This experience will serve me a lot when I'll be adding them in the Oregami database ;)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: