Open Registry of Game Information 

• Final Fantasy series

• games, games, games
games, games, games

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37185  by Ultyzarus
 13 Oct 2013, 13:19
MZ per X wrote:And with proper sourcing for the release dates. Cool! :)
The dates in our FF wiki are now officially more accurate than those from MG, that still contain mistakes and don't include sources. ;)
I'll also add the publisher / developer with links to the box scans, or MG credits in some cases...
 #37186  by gene
 13 Oct 2013, 14:32
Ultyzarus wrote:The dates in our FF wiki are now officially more accurate than those from MG, that still contain mistakes and don't include sources. ;)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 #37274  by Ultyzarus
 22 Oct 2013, 18:08
I updated the FFXI wiki page to fit more with our data model: http://wiki.oregami.org/display/OR/Fina ... +XI+Online

Here are a couple of fun facts that can make FFXI wiki a pain to sort, or a chaotic mess:

-North-America PS2 and Windows Final Fantasy XI is actually the All-In-One Pack 2003 compilation.
-North-America and Europe Xbox360 version (also called Final Fantasy XI) is actually the same as the Vana'diel Collection compilation.
-The Japanese Vana'diel Collection is in fact the Vana'diel Collection 2008 in the rest of the World.
-The Ultimate Collection is called Vana'diel Collection 2 in Japan.

:D
 #37284  by MZ per X
 23 Oct 2013, 12:41
OMG! Bräin hurtzs! :shock:

Seems like a good facility to test our new titling system. :)
 #37286  by Ultyzarus
 23 Oct 2013, 13:07
MZ per X wrote:OMG! Bräin hurtzs! :shock:

Seems like a good facility to test our new titling system. :)
Indeed. As I may have said earlier, I plan on going full scale on this anyway and make individual pages for each R, linking everything together, noting the different titles, etc. Have you seen the "Title" document in the folder I shared? It has a draft about how a R can have multiple titles, or multiple ways to write it...
 #37294  by MZ per X
 23 Oct 2013, 17:04
Ultyzarus wrote:Indeed. As I may have said earlier, I plan on going full scale on this anyway and make individual pages for each R, linking everything together, noting the different titles, etc.
Kudos, Frédérick, you are a brave man. :) That's exactly that kind of pioneer spirit that's needed here.
Ultyzarus wrote:Have you seen the "Title" document in the folder I shared? It has a draft about how a R can have multiple titles, or multiple ways to write it...
Yeah, saw it, nice. Please note that we switched from linking the titles to an R to linking them to the G. That would mean all the titles you collected would be added to the respective game's page, ideally along with the attributes we discussed in the titling thread.
 #37297  by Ultyzarus
 23 Oct 2013, 17:41
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:Indeed. As I may have said earlier, I plan on going full scale on this anyway and make individual pages for each R, linking everything together, noting the different titles, etc.
Kudos, Frédérick, you are a brave man. :) That's exactly that kind of pioneer spirit that's needed here.
My goal is to make the data easily available for when we actually have to add-it to the database, so not only will the FF wiki have a lot of info and act as a model for Game Groups, Games, Release Groups, Releases, Compilations, DLCs, Add-ons and Expansion packs (yeah I differentiate the three...), but I will collect the data for all the Releases that I own for the other games as well. If I can scan the sides and everything that isn't already scanned and gather the R info at the pace of one game per day, I won't even be done when the site goes live, but I'll have a lot just ready to be added...;)
 #37304  by Ultyzarus
 24 Oct 2013, 21:02
Finally done with gathering the info from the Japanese Square-Enix website! All the Gs and RGs should be there now, except the DLCs and some others that I might have missed.
 #37352  by MZ per X
 29 Oct 2013, 19:55
Ultyzarus wrote:...DLCs, Add-ons and Expansion packs (yeah I differentiate the three...)
Could you elaborate? How do you differentiate the three, and why?
 #37353  by Ultyzarus
 29 Oct 2013, 20:10
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:...DLCs, Add-ons and Expansion packs (yeah I differentiate the three...)
Could you elaborate? How do you differentiate the three, and why?
DLC is generally more vague, but I consider thing such as a new costume, new maps or new weapon as strictly DLC. Add-on is more elaborate, but generally is more like a scenario, not just a new map. It includes new enemies and is generally more story-driven than a simple map add-on. However there are Scenario DLCs, but I would consider those as add-ons. An expansion pack adds way more to the game than any DLC or Add-on, and is almost a game by itself. It also often has a physical release.

Basically, an expansion is almost a new game within the game world. An add-on is a major DLC, and a DLC a minor add-on :P
 #37355  by MZ per X
 29 Oct 2013, 21:12
Ultyzarus wrote:Basically, an expansion is almost a new game within the game world. An add-on is a major DLC, and a DLC a minor add-on :P
That's not really adjuvant! ;)

But okay, I see your distinction. Need to write that piece on add-ons... :)
 #37356  by Ultyzarus
 29 Oct 2013, 21:18
I guess the distinction is mostly between an expansion and an add-on XD

There are simply different types of add-on, each varying in importance...
 #37708  by Ultyzarus
 05 Dec 2013, 19:51
I have finished adding all the DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2. (All the N-A and Japan PS3 Rs, and the N-A X360 Rs)
http://wiki.oregami.org/display/OR/Final+Fantasy+XIII-2

I have a question about a version that has just been released: http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final ... -out-today
This includes "Chocobo World" that was originally on Pocket Station, but linked to FFVIII. Would the newer version be a new G (Compilation), RG (I put it there for now), or just a new R under the Windows RG?