Open Registry of Game Information 

• Final Fantasy series

• games, games, games
games, games, games

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37127  by Ultyzarus
 08 Oct 2013, 17:46
I pretty much finished adding all the RG to the wiki for Final Fantasy. I miss the ones for the BREW and J2M2 phones since I am not familiar with those. I was wondering if all the phone releases should belong to a single RG (Android, Windows Phone, BREW and J2M2). Some of the links go to MG, but I only used it as a source for the cover scans (Most are mine anyways ;) ).

http://wiki.oregami.org/display/OR/Final+Fantasy+Series

If you can find some missing info for the releases, publisher and developer (with a source), post it in this thread so I can update it! :)

I will also keep you informed of the major updates for that wiki page :D
 #37128  by MZ per X
 08 Oct 2013, 20:21
Ultyzarus wrote:I will also keep you informed of the major updates for that wiki page :D
Looks cool so far, thanks for this. :)

Few questions:

1) Do all the releases (including the mobile ones) feature roughly the same gameplay, or do we run into the "different game" problem here?

2) The "Virtual Console" releases are emulator releases on the Wii, aren't they? If so, the RG would be for Wii with attributes "Virtual Console" and "emulator release", I think. Furthermore, these releases would be mirrored to the NES RG.

3) What's with the PSOne Classics, are these emulator, too? Here we need the platforms they were available at as RGs.

Otherwise please go on, very valuable work. :D
 #37129  by Ultyzarus
 08 Oct 2013, 20:38
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:I will also keep you informed of the major updates for that wiki page :D
Looks cool so far, thanks for this. :)

Few questions:

1) Do all the releases (including the mobile ones) feature roughly the same gameplay, or do we run into the "different game" problem here?

2) The "Virtual Console" releases are emulator releases on the Wii, aren't they? If so, the RG would be for Wii with attributes "Virtual Console" and "emulator release", I think. Furthermore, these releases would be mirrored to the NES RG.

3) What's with the PSOne Classics, are these emulator, too? Here we need the platforms they were available at as RGs.

Otherwise please go on, very valuable work. :D
1) I am not so familiar with the mobile releases, but I think these are more or less like the PSP version.
There are a lot of minor variants from version to version (the biggest ones additional dungeons in the PS1 version, and I think the are also in the PSP version). I don't think this would warrant new game entries, especially if we can have a "Version differences" description in each of the RG.

2) Yes, but I believe that some would be compatible with other Platforms (WiiU or 3DS).

3) Yes, PSOne Classics are PSX games emulated on the PSP, PS3 and PSVita. Basically its a single release that works with all 3 platforms (Vita usually has a separate later release because the PSOne classics function was only implemented on 8/28/2012 in N-A and Japan and 8/29/2012 in Europe). These would be a mirror of the PlayStation RG.

I wanted to have each release only once, but I can use a color to show it's a duplicate R that is linked to different RG.
Last edited by Ultyzarus on 08 Oct 2013, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
 #37132  by MZ per X
 08 Oct 2013, 20:52
Ultyzarus wrote:I was wondering if all the phone releases should belong to a single RG (Android, Windows Phone, BREW and J2M2).
I don't think so. These four are very different mobile OS, so should have different RGs.
Ultyzarus wrote:1) I am not so familiar with the mobile releases, so I just sorted them by Platform.
Okay, it's not so important anyway right now.
Ultyzarus wrote:2) Yes, but I believe that some would be compatible with other Platforms (WiiU or 3DS).
Okay, then we'd need these platforms as RGs, too, if this applies.
Ultyzarus wrote:I wanted to have each release only once, but I can use a color to show it's a duplicate R that is linked to different RG.
I'd suggest giving each release a unique number, then you can "link" to them within other RGs. :)
 #37133  by Ultyzarus
 08 Oct 2013, 20:54
I edited my previous comment, please read through again ;) I'll use your number suggestion for the release that appears more than once.
 #37134  by MZ per X
 08 Oct 2013, 20:54
Ultyzarus wrote:I reorganized them/ The Wii RG is now just below the NES RG, and the PSOne Classics RGs are below the PS1 RG. ;)
Looks much better! ;)
 #37138  by Ultyzarus
 08 Oct 2013, 21:21
I tried using numbers to show which R apply to different RG, (CR1), etc. being compilation releases and (R1), etc. being regular releases that apply to different RG. What should we do with a R that later becomes compatible with a new platform (in this case the PSVita releases of the PSOne classics)?

Should I simply make sub-pages for the (CR) and (R)? And maybe make one page per game with only the games list on the main page?
 #37139  by MZ per X
 08 Oct 2013, 21:48
Ultyzarus wrote:What should we do with a R that later becomes compatible with a new platform (in this case the PSVita releases of the PSOne classics)?
Hmm, I don't seem to fully understand how this Classics thing works. Not really the console guy. Is it a service the device can connect to?
Ultyzarus wrote:Should I simply make sub-pages for the (CR) and (R)?
I'd suggest entering the full data for a CR under the compilation, then link to it from the mirrored game RGs. For the Rs, maybe enter the data at the first RG, then link to this.
Ultyzarus wrote:And maybe make one page per game with only the games list on the main page?
Yes, this is more clearly laid out.
 #37140  by Ultyzarus
 08 Oct 2013, 23:13
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:What should we do with a R that later becomes compatible with a new platform (in this case the PSVita releases of the PSOne classics)?
Hmm, I don't seem to fully understand how this Classics thing works. Not really the console guy. Is it a service the device can connect to?
PSOne Classics (along with PS2 Classics, and I think some other) are official versions of PS1 (or PS2) games that can be purchased and downloaded from the PlayStation Store. The same file can be played on either the PSP, PS3 or PSVita. Since these have existed before the Vita's release, they were not originally supported, but a PSVita update allowed the platform to play them as well. Not all titles were available at once, and they were introduced in batches.
MZ per X wrote:
I'd suggest entering the full data for a CR under the compilation, then link to it from the mirrored game RGs. For the Rs, maybe enter the data at the first RG, then link to this.
I have tried something with a compilations page, tell me what you think ;)
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:And maybe make one page per game with only the games list on the main page?
Yes, this is more clearly laid out.
Yep, I'll make a page for each game.
 #37154  by MZ per X
 09 Oct 2013, 19:31
Ultyzarus wrote:
MZ per X wrote:
PSOne Classics (along with PS2 Classics, and I think some other) are official versions of PS1 (or PS2) games that can be purchased and downloaded from the PlayStation Store. The same file can be played on either the PSP, PS3 or PSVita. Since these have existed before the Vita's release, they were not originally supported, but a PSVita update allowed the platform to play them as well. Not all titles were available at once, and they were introduced in batches.
Ah, okay. Then I'd say that we just need a normal RG for PS Vita with releases that saw later release dates.
Ultyzarus wrote:
MZ per X wrote:
I have tried something with a compilations page, tell me what you think ;)
Okay, that looks convenient to me, too. :) BTW, you somehow created the two compilation detail pages besides the wiki name space, I'd suggest moving them under the compilations page. To do this, click on "Tools" and "View in hierarchy", then just put the page where it belongs.

On a side note, I'd never dared to model the Final Fantasy series. This series is beyond my little brain. ;)
 #37155  by MZ per X
 09 Oct 2013, 19:34
Ultyzarus wrote:I experimented images, but the options seem too limited, and I don't want to uplaod too much. Any ideas?
Just omit pictures, they're not really important at this stage. I know it looks better, but the important thing is modelling the G, RG, and R. :) You can provide links to covers, that would be cool additional info.
 #37156  by Ultyzarus
 09 Oct 2013, 19:38
MZ per X wrote:
Ultyzarus wrote:I experimented images, but the options seem too limited, and I don't want to uplaod too much. Any ideas?
Just omit pictures, they're not really important at this stage. I know it looks better, but the important thing is modelling the G, RG, and R. :) You can provide links to covers, that would be cool additional info.
Hierarchy is fixed. Yeah I figured as much for now, maybe just the front cover if I ever go as far as to make each R page ;)
 #37159  by Ultyzarus
 09 Oct 2013, 20:03
MZ per X wrote: On a side note, I'd never dared to model the Final Fantasy series. This series is beyond my little brain. ;)
Wait until I get to Final Fantasy XI, that one gave our friend Patrick a bit of a headache back in MG XD