I see where this is going, so let's develop furtherly.
First some comments:
a) Let's not forget that we have three data layers:
GE 1--n HWP n--n HWSP
The lot of the titles comes at HWSP level.
b) The setup for GE 1--n SWP n--n SWSP should be similar. Maybe some different title types or such, but no fundamental differences.
c) The titles assigned to GE's ("Amiga") and HWP's ("Commodore Amiga 68K Machine") are more or less internal to Oregami, so they don't need a title type. But they need to be regional ("Genesis" vs. "Mega Drive").
Okay, let's go through the process of adding a GE.
1) Create a GE entity with a working title (after searching the database for similar, existing GE's)
2) "Edit title usage" for the GE (user can create/assign regional titles without type to the GE)
3) Create a HWP entity with a working title and assign it to the GE (after searching the database for similar, existing HWP)
4) "Edit title usage" for the HWP (user can create/assign regional titles without type to the HWP)
5) Repeat steps 3) and 4) for the SWP
6) User can enter a list of HWSP titles
7) Oregami shows similar, existing HWSP entries for each title
8 ) User can decide for each title:
8a) Create a new HWSP with this title as working title and also assigned to it
8b) Assign this title to an existing HWSP and connect this HWSP to the HWP
8c) Assign this title to a new HWSP created before in 8a)
8d) Discard the title, because the HWSP exists already, and connect the existing HWSP to the HWP
8e) Just discard the title
9) "Edit title usage" for each HWSP that was created/changed in 8 ) (user can create/assign regional titles with type to the HWSP)
10) Repeat steps 6) to 9) for the SWSP's
Does that make sense somehow?