Open Registry of Game Information 

• Next blog entry?

• Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
    No special authorization needed to post here!
Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
No special authorization needed to post here!

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#38330  by MZ per X
 15 May 2016, 20:10
Done. :) BTW, the English version doesn't show up in my activity stream.

My new GameDB News Roundup is nearing completion, too. It's a bit bigger due to my month-long break, so we should already publish the English version while I translate.
 #38332  by hydr0x
 21 May 2016, 08:24
I'll check the full post later on, but you definitely forgot some things about RC that happened since the last roundup:

See these news posts:
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/retroc ... brary.html
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/retroc ... -pond.html
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/retroc ... -gage.html

Added platforms/regions (all of these now have complete US and EU lists in the database):
Atari VCS/2600 (Europe)
Magnavox Odyssey² (US)
Mattel Intellivision (US)
Microsoft Xbox (US)
Nintendo Game Boy (US)
Nintendo Game Boy Advance (US)
Nintendo Game Boy Color (US)
Nintendo GameCube (US)
Nintendo Pokémon Mini (US)
Nokia N-Gage (US)
Sega CD (US)
Sega Game Gear (US)
Sega Master System (US)
Sega Saturn (US)
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color (US)
Sony PlayStation (US)
Sony PlayStation 2 (US)
Tiger Gizmondo (US)
Tiger R-Zone (US)
Vectrex (US)

Your timing is a bit unlucky too. I've actually been planning to start our preview series for the new database this weekend. Maybe I should try to get the post out today so you can still add the relevant bits to your roundup ;)
 #38333  by Patrick
 21 May 2016, 20:32
Before this, the developers lifted the ridiculous need to apply genres to compilations.
This is not quite correct. The policy change regarding compilations is from 2012, the specific change discussed is that the genre was moved from the category "Other Attributes" to "Basic Genres" (which results in a usability improvement).
 #38335  by MZ per X
 21 May 2016, 22:22
hydr0x, I will check the links you gave and modify the RetroCollect section.
Patrick wrote:
Before this, the developers lifted the ridiculous need to apply genres to compilations.
This is not quite correct. The policy change regarding compilations is from 2012, the specific change discussed is that the genre was moved from the category "Other Attributes" to "Basic Genres" (which results in a usability improvement).
Ah, now I understand. People still need to contribute a basic genre (technically), but can now check "Compilation" there. Okay, then Reed's info in the news item is a bit misleading:
Don't require basic genres for compilations
I will amend that, too.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback! Much appreciated! :)
 #38337  by hydr0x
 22 May 2016, 12:25

Didn't spot any errors in the coverage of the other site, but can I make a suggestion? How about splitting the covered db list into cross-platform and single-platform databases?
 #38338  by MZ per X
 22 May 2016, 18:05
hydr0x wrote:How about splitting the covered db list into cross-platform and single-platform databases?
Good advice, thanks. :) Done.
 #38339  by MZ per X
 22 May 2016, 18:20
Patrick wrote:
Done, thanks. :)
 #38340  by MZ per X
 22 May 2016, 19:02
hydr0x wrote:I'll check the full post later on, but you definitely forgot some things about RC that happened since the last roundup:
Also done, thanks. :) I'm not sure how I missed this.
 #38343  by MZ per X
 23 May 2016, 19:59
hydr0x wrote:And yes, Stage 3 is fully supported ;)
I had no doubts about this. :)

BTW, I added HotU to the News Roundup last minute, because I'm glad that this site seems back.
 #38352  by gene
 04 Jul 2016, 19:42
MZ per X wrote:The new GameDB News Roundup is published! :D

(Of course, I can still correct errors, if you spot some.)
What about the German version?
I will (finally) try to publish my blogpost about our switch to Spring Boot this weekend (German an English version).