Open Registry of Game Information 

• News and information about other online game databases

• Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
    No special authorization needed to post here!
Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
No special authorization needed to post here!

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#37884  by MZ per X
 22 Jan 2014, 23:12
Ultyzarus wrote:Well there could be a specific spot for original developer in G, and the company could be reentered at rg when there are new developing for that version.
Yeah, I like that idea. At G level, we could use general group entries like "This is an EA game developed by Blizzard.", to make things easy at this level. Then, we link the specific, detailed company information to every RG, including "Sound by", "Additional Graphics by", etc..
 #37922  by Ultyzarus
 06 Feb 2014, 14:35
Have you seen the in-progress new looks of MG? They seem to be trying some stuff while keeper their ears open for the community :)

How do YOU plan of having Oregami look?

My idea would be to make it look like the casing of a gaming console / Pokedex / Computer. With the game info appearing on the 'screen'. ;)
 #37923  by MZ per X
 06 Feb 2014, 21:29
Ultyzarus wrote:Have you seen the in-progress new looks of MG? They seem to be trying some stuff while keeper their ears open for the community :)
Yeah, saw it, finally some step-by-step progress. Hope that they don't forget fixing bugs in / improving the contribution experience.
Ultyzarus wrote:How do YOU plan of having Oregami look?
Quite frankly, no idea. A while back, one member did a nice mock-up of a start page, but it was way too early.
Ultyzarus wrote:My idea would be to make it look like the casing of a gaming console / Pokedex / Computer. With the game info appearing on the 'screen'. ;)
The man with the cool design ideas. :) Would like to see this being mocked up.
 #37924  by Ultyzarus
 06 Feb 2014, 21:38
Middle-term plan is to try doing that mock-up. I have a few ideas that I think you would love ;)

Including the unique Oregami data-model into this seems like fun, especially with more thing now being clear. Of course the menus and links won't all be there, but the main ideas will. My ideas mostly have to do with the G, RG and R relationships...
 #37925  by MZ per X
 06 Feb 2014, 21:46
Ultyzarus wrote:Middle-term plan is to try doing that mock-up. I have a few ideas that I think you would love ;)
I'm sure we would. :D
Ultyzarus wrote:Including the unique Oregami data-model into this seems like fun, especially with more thing now being clear. Of course the menus and links won't all be there, but the main ideas will. My ideas mostly have to do with the G, RG and R relationships...
Personally, I'd love to see the start page being rather friendly and simple, following the success model of Google. As deeper the user goes into the details, the more complicated the pages should become.
 #37964  by Rola
 02 Mar 2014, 01:55
Small news probably nobody noticed: MobyGames started cataloging Amstrad PCW games.
I did take notice as I researched that old thing for MG. Wonder why - never owned it! Ugly monochrome graphics...

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/amstrad-pcw/

Except for some Spanish sites I haven't found a PCW games catalog on the net. Just some random youtube videos...
 #37967  by MZ per X
 04 Mar 2014, 21:10
Rola wrote:Small news probably nobody noticed: MobyGames started cataloging Amstrad PCW games.
And it comes to no surprise that some Infocom games are already present there. :) Is there an 80s computer they didn't publish their games for?
 #37974  by MZ per X
 12 Mar 2014, 11:15
gene wrote:Mobygames has a new logo and a mascot :shock:
WOW, does SEO mean gettin' more toddlers on the site, nowadays? What scares me is that ~everybody seems to like the new oh-so-cute logo in the MG forums. :o

But the interesting thing is the new subplatforms there. They have "Browser - Facebook" now, where "Facebook" is a tech-spec to the Browser platform that's promoted to a subplatform. Need to think a bit about this.
 #37976  by Ultyzarus
 12 Mar 2014, 19:24
MZ per X wrote:
gene wrote:Mobygames has a new logo and a mascot :shock:
WOW, does SEO mean gettin' more toddlers on the site, nowadays? What scares me is that ~everybody seems to like the new oh-so-cute logo in the MG forums. :o

But the interesting thing is the new subplatforms there. They have "Browser - Facebook" now, where "Facebook" is a tech-spec to the Browser platform that's promoted to a subplatform. Need to think a bit about this.
Yeah, the sub-platform might be interesting for a few cases :)