Open Registry of Game Information 

• News and information about other online game databases

• Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
    No special authorization needed to post here!
Here everybody can ask questions about our project or present his ideas.
No special authorization needed to post here!

Moderators: MZ per X, gene

#38316  by gene
 10 Jan 2016, 21:28
I know that Kultpower.de (which is my website about German game magazines) is not really a "game database" in the sense of this thread, but it may become one :D

So for the German speaking people of us I wrote an article about the future of Kultpower.de. Read it here (Kultpower blog) or here (Facebook).
 #38318  by MZ per X
 07 Mar 2016, 13:37
Yeah, obviously they found two guys believing in them to create the IMDB for video games. :)

What surprised me the most about this announcement is their number of API users. 450 and counting for such an incomplete database? They must do something right.
 #38319  by gene
 07 Mar 2016, 22:53
Another interesting note, this time from mobygames:
Talking of which, we've run into a couple of people recently who are scraping MobyGames for projects like this. Well, your scraping will soon be unnecessary! Work is officially underway on a MobyGames API - for anyone wanting to use our data for non-commercial purposes. We really want to become _the_ easily usable data source for game info, & will be talking about how you can test the system & get an API key soon.
Source
 #38322  by Trypticon
 31 Mar 2016, 23:55
gene wrote:I know that Kultpower.de (which is my website about German game magazines) is not really a "game database" in the sense of this thread, but it may become one :D

So for the German speaking people of us I wrote an article about the future of Kultpower.de. Read it here (Kultpower blog) or here (Facebook).
Especially the magazine archive was interesting and useful to me over the years, would be sad to see it go. Speaking of gaining experience for gaming databases which you mention there (though in a different context), I've accumulated a bit more of that in the last 2 years as approver at Moby. It was certainly illuminating in some ways. I'm pondering to a write detailed post about that in the near future.
 #38323  by gene
 03 Apr 2016, 15:34
Trypticon wrote:
gene wrote:I know that Kultpower.de (which is my website about German game magazines) is not really a "game database" in the sense of this thread, but it may become one :D

Especially the magazine archive was interesting and useful to me over the years, would be sad to see it go. Speaking of gaining experience for gaming databases which you mention there (though in a different context), I've accumulated a bit more of that in the last 2 years as approver at Moby. It was certainly illuminating in some ways. I'm pondering to a write detailed post about that in the near future.
Don't worry, the Kultpower-Data will never be gone :D

Give us a hint when you've written your post about your illuminations at Mobygames!
 #38324  by MZ per X
 03 Apr 2016, 21:26
Trypticon wrote:

That would be an interesting read, indeed. I don't know where you want to publish this article, but you are invited to use Oregami's blog for it. :)